pumpkinsFall is upon us and that means the leaves are falling from the trees, but it doesn’t mean you can’t form a new LLC, corporation, or limited partnership. Harvard Business Services is continuing its 2014 discount extravaganza: All formation packages through the month of October will be $40 off! The October 2014 discount will start Oct. 1, 2014 at 12:01 a.m. EST and will end Oct. 31, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST.

All you need to do to apply the $40 discount is mention or enter the code “HBS2014″ when you form a company on our website.

We offer four formation packages. They all include:

  • Name Check & Clearance
  • All Delaware Filing Fees
  • Preparation of Articles
  • Same Day Electronic Filing
  • Registered Agent Fee – 12 Months
  • Lowest Agent Fee! Only $50/Year
  • Certificate of Formation (LLC)
  • Certificate of Incorporation (INC)
  • Certificate of Limited Partnership (LP)
  • Email with Approved Documents
  • FREE Lifetime Customer Support
  • All Delaware Compliance Notices
  • FREE Shipping & Handling
  • And much more!

To view and compare all four of our formation packages, please visit our Our Services page.

Ready to start your Delaware company today? Go to our easy-to-use online order form, call 1-800-345-2677, or email, Skype (salesathbs), or live chat with us.

Our September 2014 Discount: $40 Off Company Formations!
July 2014 Discount: $30 Off All Company Formation Packages!
Our 2014 End of Summer Discount
Our June 2014 Discount: $30 Off Green Packages!
New: A March Discount for Our Green Package

sad statueWe regularly hear this from clients: “I can’t find my EIN!” If you know you have applied for an employer identification number (EIN) or tax identification number, but have misplaced it, there are several options to try. (The EIN, which is used to identify a business entity, is also known as a federal tax number.)   If Harvard Business Services, Inc. obtained the EIN number on behalf of your company we can provide the number to you right over the phone on our toll free number (800-345-2677).

If we did not obtain the EIN, look back in your early records of starting up your business. When you first applied for an EIN, the IRS issued a computer-generated notice. This confirmed your application and serves as a receipt of the EIN. The next option to try is contacting your bank, because your EIN was required to open the business account. In addition, if you applied for any local or state license, that agency should have your EIN on record, as well as on any correspondence regarding your business.

Finally, if you have exhausted these methods and are still unable to locate the EIN for your business, you can ask the IRS to search for it. This can be accomplished by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line (800) 829-4933. They are available Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. They will ask questions to make sure you are an authorized person for your company, such as a member, corporate officer, or director. When this has been established, they should provide the number to you over the telephone. Be prepared to spend some time on the phone waiting.

“Don’t Find Fault, Find a Remedy”
Book Review: Panic
Is This The Right Time To Find A New Home For Your Business?

zillowBuyouts of large companies have been dominating news headlines recently. These are just a few that we spotted in one week:

“Zillow to Acquire Trulia for $3.5 Billion”
The merger of these competitors will create a giant repository for online listings for real estate and home values.

“Dollar Tree to Buy Family Dollar for $8.5 Billion”
With this acquisition, Dollar Tree will become North America’s biggest discount retailer.

When big company acquisitions and mergers take place, Delaware is typically involved. That’s because 60% of Fortune 500 companies, 50% of publicly traded companies, and 50% of all American corporations are based in Delaware. You can find the words, “a Delaware company,” on the first page of SEC filings from such giants as Facebook, Kayak, Twitter, Apple, American Airlines, Wal-Mart, Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, Berkshire Hathaway, Google, Cargill, General Electric, Coca-Cola, Halliburton, Ford…and the list goes on. Delaware has practically become synonymous with corporations and LLCs.

Ever wondered why companies incorporate in Delaware? Delaware attracts these marquee names—big corporations as well as small-time businesses—for several reasons.

The Delaware general corporation law has the most advanced and flexible corporate statutes in the United States, thus offering predictability and stability. It has been shaped over the years by corporate law experts and has been protected from special interest group influence.

The Court of Chancery is the very highly respected court which determines disputes involving the internal affairs of many thousands of Delaware corporations. A great amount of the world’s commercial affairs are conducted through this court. With five very expert chancellors and no jury, complex business issues are decided here.

Cases from the Court of Chancery are appealed to the Delaware Supreme Court, which has five very experienced justices and is the ultimate word on Delaware law. These courts have a history of issuing reasoned and well thought-out opinions, allowing businesses to review prior cases to understand the impact they will make in the future.

The state legislature continually reviews business statutes and recommends updates which keep business laws current. The Secretary of State’s office has a customer service-oriented staff which exists to provide efficient and expedited service.

Delaware is known for having the most business friendly laws for starting and running a company, so there is no wonder that so many giants, as well as small businesses, want “home” to be in Delaware!

Interested in forming your own Delaware company? You be done in minutes with our easy-to-use online order form! We’re also available to help over the phone (800-345-2677), email, or live chat.

Delaware Companies Shine
Delaware Man Forms Over 100,000 Companies
“Do I Need a Delaware Address to Incorporate in Delaware?”
Small Wonder: Delaware
Limited Liability Companies Now Account For 67% of All New Entities Formed

question marksEvery day, we hear from clients who need a Delaware certificate of good standing, wondering where they can obtain one. This certified document, which is produced by the Delaware secretary of state’s office, is required for real estate closings and accounting and legal matters. It’s also called a “certificate of status” or “certificate of existence” in some states. Here’s what you need to know about the Delaware certificate of good standing:

What is a Delaware certificate of good standing?

This document states that your company is a valid Delaware company and that it has paid all its taxes in the state of Delaware up to date. It is signed by the Delaware secretary of state and attests to the good standing status ONLY on the date it is produced and signed. Most of the time, authorities will accept the document as proof the company is real and valid for a month or two after the date of issue, but if it goes longer, a newly issued certificate of good standing will be needed with a more current date.

When do I need a certificate of good standing?

When you’re asked to supply one. Don’t order one in anticipation of the need. A certificate of good standing from Delaware is typically needed when opening a bank account, obtaining certificate of authority to operate in another state, purchasing or selling real estate, or obtaining a loan from a bank.

Why do I need a certificate of good standing?

A Delaware certificate of good standing proves that your company is a legally valid company, was formed in Delaware, and is current on its Delaware franchise tax.

How long is a Delaware certificate of good standing good for?

Depending on what the Delaware certificate of good standing is being used for, it will be accepted anywhere from 30 days to six months from the date it is produced and signed by the Delaware secretary of state.

What is the turnaround time to receive a Delaware certificate of good standing?

Under normal conditions, we can guarantee 48-hour turnaround to get you a certificate of good standing. However, we do offer an expedited service that speeds up the process greatly if you are in need of the document immediately or sooner! Call us for details.

How can I obtain a certificate of good standing?

Call our office at 800-345-2677 ext.6911 or order it directly from our website.


How to Get a Certificate of Good Standing
Certificate of Good Standing Now Available On Delawareinc.com
The Delaware LLC Certificate of Formation
My Company Is Not In Good Standing…Now What?
Doing Business in New Jersey with a Delaware LLC

App developmentHere at Harvard Business Services, we are always ready to help answer any and all inquiries about our field. We recently came across a great question: “As an LLC, do we need to file a DBA for each web app/service we create? Or is it possible to brand each app service separately, but invoice and receive payment under the name of the parent company?”

For app developers, the latest trend is to file a Delaware LLC and then develop apps for Apple and Android smart phones. They do this for a number of reasons.

As an LLC, you gain instant credibility. You will find it easier to get your app into app stores as an LLC because you will have a company bank account and all the legal documentation. App stores are more likely to view you as a serious developer when “LLC” is appended to your business name.

To answer the above question, you can develop as many apps as you want under one LLC and name them all differently. This requires you to have only one account with each app store and consolidates all your payments into one account. However, you can give each app its own name and graphics.

Ready to form an LLC for your app? Here’s how to incorporate your app development business: Simply visit our easy-to-use online order form and fill it out. That’s it! If you have any questions, please call (1-800-345-2677), email, or live chat with us!

Let Harvard Business Services Incorporate Your Company
Meet the HBS Team: Sasha Hirenko, IT/Software Development Specialist

  • Categories
  • Tags
  • Authors
  • Archives

Get the help you need! HBS LIVE CHAT


Questions? Please call 1-800-345-2677
Browse through our Complete Archive
Form Your Company NOW!Lea Nuestros Artículos en Español
Go to delawareinc.com

Home   |   Business Basics   |   Learning Center   |   Resources   |   Community   |   About HBS
Copyright 2009-2014. All rights reserved
Designed in California by Spitfiregirl Design